[Bf-funboard] Particles system rewrite

bf-funboard@blender.org bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:41:52 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C361B9.CCA5FC60

First, I need to explain something. The link I gave to PPFX needs a
disclaimer on it. I am not suggesting by any means, that we need to port
PPFX. PPFX, is a post processing plug-in that analyzes the Z-buffer of the
rendered image, and uses it to decide how to render the particles. So,
basically, I'm suggesting that we keep the rendering part of the current
system, but update the calculation code to add the following features:
1. Vortexes
2. Jitter value for almost every value
3. Key framing for all values
4. The amount of particles be based on a "flow" value, and not on an
absolute one (the value would represent about of particles released every
frame, not the total amount of particles in the system)
5. Uniform distribution of particles (a large face will emit more particles
than a smaller one in the same object)
6. Gravitons, Fans, etc.
I'm perfectly willing to help code this. Currently, I'm busy working on
cloth support, but I will be glad to help in any way I can.
Timothy

------_=_NextPart_001_01C361B9.CCA5FC60

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Particles system rewrite</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">First, I need to explain =
something. The link I gave to PPFX needs a disclaimer on it. I am not =
suggesting by any means, that we need to port PPFX. PPFX, is a post =
processing plug-in that analyzes the Z-buffer of the rendered image, =
and uses it to decide how to render the particles. So, basically, I'm =
suggesting that we keep the rendering part of the current system, but =
update the calculation code to add the following features:</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">1. Vortexes</FONT><FONT =
FACE=3D"Times New Roman"><BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">2. Jitter value for =
almost every value</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"><BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">3. Key framing for all =
values</FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"><BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">4. The amount of =
particles be based on a &quot;flow&quot; value, and not on an absolute =
one (the value would represent about of particles released every frame, =
not the total amount of particles in the system)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">5. Uniform distribution of =
particles (a large face will emit more particles than a smaller one in =
the same object)</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">6. Gravitons, Fans, =
etc.</FONT>=20
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">I'm perfectly willing to =
help code this. Currently, I'm busy working on cloth support, but I =
will be glad to help in any way I can.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Timothy</FONT><FONT =
FACE=3D"Times New Roman"> </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>