[Bf-funboard] Buttons & layout

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:36:25 +0200

Hi,

While checking on the particle plugin, I noticed the interface they use:

http://www.primitiveitch.com/ppfx/docs/systemsettings.htm

It's a typical example of an 'easy to code' interface, which is of
course an important feature for plug-ins. It simply visualizes a sort
of hierarchical list of properties, which seems to allow to be
dynamically generated as well:

http://www.primitiveitch.com/ppfx/docs/emittersettings.htm

Most obvious is, that in Blender we don't have the 'hierarchical list'
or 'tree' concept for interfaces. it's a pretty common interface
element, which can be found in most (Windows) 3d packages I think.
 From a coders perspective, this will quickly allow to construct
interfaces. For users and GUI designers it might be less attractive;
especially because of allowing coders to make a GUI! ;-)

Nevertheless, interesting to look at...

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org