[Bf-funboard] XSort and Hash

Douglas Bischoff bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 18:23:40 -0400

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 05:48 PM, Mark Luffel wrote:

> Do the XSort and Hash commands do anything in 2.28? They do not work
> for me here. Any success elsewhere?
> Extra: I would like to see a radial sort command, where the order of
> the faces was based on distance from the object center.

S'a good question. Also, I understand that the error which causes
"mirrored" faces to appear black in the OpenGL preview windows is due
to the inverted matrix that is a "mirror" being something that OpenGL
doesn't like. I'd often wondered if XSort ought not to fix that problem
by re-sorting the vertices into one direction: top to bottom on the X
axis?

If the XSort button does NOT do that, SHOULD it?

-Bish