[Bf-funboard] Expanding the menus

David bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:36:21 -0700

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> I agree with keeping pull down menus static; at least not adopt the MS
> way. What *could* be acceptable though is only presenting editmesh
> options in Mesh editmode, editcurve options in Curve editmode, etc.
> This wouldn't change the order of menu items in the main menu anyway.

I'd also suggest avoiding MS style "smart" menus where possible, since it
reinforces the newbie initial impression that Blender behaves "randomly" (ie:
sometimes something works, and sometimes it doesn't).

I'd also suggest putting Undo in the top level Edit menu, since most people
expect it to be there. Well, I did, anyway. :-)

-- David Cuny