[Bf-funboard] Expanding the menus

Matt Ebb bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:58:39 +1000

> I agree with keeping pull down menus static; at least not adopt the MS
> way. What *could* be acceptable though is only presenting editmesh
> options in Mesh editmode, editcurve options in Curve editmode, etc.
> This wouldn't change the order of menu items in the main menu anyway.

I just tried implementing this in a new top-level menu, but came across the
following problem (changing menu ickiness :/): The contents of this menu
will be different depending on what object is in editmode.

But what gets shown in the menu when it's not in editmode? What gets shown
when no objects are selected? What gets shown when more than 1 object is
selected and the objects are of different type? And how can this be made
obvious to the user (since a clean solution isn't obvious to at least me
right now)?

I'm not sure what the solution is - these are the sorts of yucky things you
have to deal with when you have a changing interface :/

Matt