[Bf-funboard] Pie Menus as part of user interface

Thunderbolt bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:03:48 -0700 (PDT)

Personally, I think of it as a direct replacement for
the toolbox, w-menu, etc. I hope the retention of
linear menus won't be necessary, as a pie menus setup
can show all of the tool-boxes current entries in a
12-sliced pie, more or less maximum number of entries
that can be used for a pie menu and still be easy to
use by habit, although cutting the toolbox into
multiple submenus to have the user do 'mouse gestures'
might have faster throughput...

--- Landis Fields <landis@landisfields.com> wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> lol..funny how things work out like that...yeah
> man...I dont know if you
> read one of my last messages but Maya's Hotbox
> comment I had on how it is
> also envoked by the spacebar much like Blenders
> toolbox....well....it is
> setup this way (pie like)....more acuratly...like a
> compass (North, East,
> South, West). It is VERY fast since everytime you
> mouse in that direction it
> changes...damn...I forgot how fast that really
> was...anyways...good idea
> man. I am not sure how to impliment it into Blender
> though...unless you
> would have the option to substitute it in for the
> trdional style used
> currently by the toolbox and specials menu. Anywas,
> I have typed too much
> again...I should be working on learning this XML
> stuff or working on that
> blasted tutorial...RRRRRRR! :)
>
> Cheers,
> Landis

=====
From,
Ryan Freckleton

Alias:Thunderbolt16

 "But other rocket experts are worried, not least because the Thunderbird capsule is actually a converted cement mixer, containing sheets of hardboard and a few computer joysticks." --BBC Online