[Bf-funboard] Re: Expanding the menus

Karim Nassar bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 16:12:07 -0400

I really think that the best solution to this question would be to take
the entire menu/hotkey system out of the binary all together and place
it in an XML file that's parsed on startup. It would slow things down
only the slightest bit (probably not noticably) and would allow for full
customization of the interface.

Personally, the current hotkeys are frustrating for me because the
current set-up just doesn't mesh well with my workflow. I recognize that
many people like the current set-up, but it's very alien to me, and I
don't appreciate being forced to alter my workflow so dramatically (even
many industry monoliths like Dreamweaver and InDesign have totally
customizable hot-keys).

just my 2 cents.

--Karim