[Bf-education] Blender in Singapore

Federico Fiore federico.fiore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 06:31:01 CET 2022

Hi there,

I'm Federico, an Italian 3D artist & educator based in Singapore.
I am lecturer in 3d Animation at a government tertiary institution for
diploma students.
I would like to share two of my Blender initiatives:
1) Since joining the school I started running free Blender workshops for my
students & staff for them to take during term breaks. These are very
popular and some senior students are now using Blender in their final year
projects!
2) I set-up a government sponsored Blender course for adult public learners
via the school. This is heavily subsidized and free for most. We are the
only education institution in Singapore to provide in-class courses for
general public, to my knowledge. These too are proven popular so far!

This is just the start of transforming the animation scene here in
Singapore, to be more open, fair and focused on creativity rather than mere
dollars.
So, thank you Ton & Blender Dev team to make this possible!

Also, should we have a Discord server for education discussions / sharing
(& maybe meetings)?

Federico