[Bf-education] Blender for kids

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 21:31:41 CEST 2015

In a way I am focused on this project. My target age is a bit older but not
much. I was thinking 14 to 24.
I want to teach the basics of modeling and game programming.

I have not found much in the way of good programming tools for learning. I
have made a few videos. Please check them out and tell me what you think. I
am a pro and not afraid of well given crits. I am new to this idea of
teaching with videos and am learning as I go.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyfsIkrFlGyqDtGzKj8B3bw
I am also very fond of Pygame and Panda3d.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 8:32 PM, Monique <m.dewanchand at atmind.nl> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Past months I've been asked to give Blender workshops to kids between 8
> and 16 years old. I searched for Blender teaching material but couldn't
> find much. I decided to use some simple models from Blendswap and hide
> the majority of buttons in the UI. Surprisingly this worked better than
> expected.
> The kids were very enthusiastic and could perform the tasks pretty well.
> At the end I was asked how kids could continu learning Blender.
>
> This motivated me to start an open website/platform in NL to teach kids
> more on technology, especially Blender & Python. But what is a good
> format for teaching Blender to kids?
> Can we teach Blender to kids in a same manner as kids are thaught math
> or grammar?
> Are there tutorials or program lessons available for kids?
> Is anyone working on this and willing to cooperate?
>
> Kind regards,
> Monique Dewanchand
> At Mind

Douglas E Knapp, MSAOM, LAc.