[Bf-education] Call for participation.

Oskar Jungell oskar.jungell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 22:55:37 CEST 2013

This sounds interesting.
I was employed by the University of Gotland as a mentor in 3D modeling, for
a short period of time, before they merged with Uppsala University. I did
not teach Blender, as the students either used 3Ds Max or Maya. But I did
show them every modeling example using Blender. Many of the teachers and
the head of the game/graphics department showed interest in Blender. So
there is definitely a chance here. I think the problem is that they don't
recognize Blender as a part of the professional software-ecosystem and it's
hard to find qualified people.

I would probably not attend a physical meeting in Stockholm as I have
virtually no money at all and I am currently looking for work in Norrland.
So if we could turn this into something else, an online meeting maybe, I
think more people would attend. Though the outcome of a meeting like this
will probably be greater if the meeting is physical.

Either way, I am interested in contributing in some form.

Regards
Oskar Jungell