[Bf-education] Movie Making

W. Scott Meador wsmeador at me.com
Thu Feb 9 15:04:24 CET 2012

Hello,

The original Toy Story DVD extras has a lot of information about the process of making an animated film at Pixar and I highly recommend it.

Voices are recorded pretty early in the process to provide timing for character blocking as well as lip-sync. If you have a lot of dialog in a scene you really can't do much more than layout (general blocking of characters and the camera) until you have the edited voice audio available.

Thanks,

Scott Meador
Assistant Professor or Digital Filmmaking
University of Central Arkansas
http://web.me.com/wsmeador/WSM_Portfolio/Welcome.html