[Bf-education] Developing Blender 2.5 Education Materials

Ira Krakow ira.krakow at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:25:16 CEST 2009

I believe we should be developing curriculum and other education materials
for Blender 2.5, even though it is not released yet, because it will become
the standard soon.  To that end, I published a video, Blender 2.5 Ambient
Occlusion, at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKUAemD7oo4

I have two goals for this video. The first goal is to show the rendering
settings of Blender 2.5. The second is to explain AO in simple terms. I used
the pre-alpha Windows version, as of September 15, 2009.

I have other Blender 2.5 videos, including a tour of the Startup screen, at:

http://blender3dvideos.blogspot.com/

Sooner or later documentation, videos, and so on, based on 2.4x need to be
rewritten.  We might as well start now.

Ira