[Bf-education] college level curriculum

Hiisi very-cool at rambler.ru
Sun Sep 20 11:28:32 CEST 2009

2009/9/19, Nicholas Jainschigg <njainsch at risd.edu>:
> Hi--
> I'm teaching a class called 3D for Illustration at The Rhode Island School
> of Design. I've been teaching the class for about eight years. I started
> with Cinema 4D, but for the last three years, I've been using Blender and
> ZBrush. I got tired of students asking me about cracked software, and I was
> finding that I was using Blender more and more in my personal artistic
> exploration and in some professional jobs. As far as I know, it was the
> first class revolving around FOSS at RISD, although there are now classes
> involving Processing, as well.
>
> The class doesn't explicitly go into animation, though, just modeling,
> texturing, and rendering. Special emphasis is placed on Blender as a
> creative tool, rather than as a means to reproduce stuff that's already out
> there, whether the real world or the latest high-rez game.
>
> I'm happy to post the relatively rough course description I've written up
> for my students--it's week-by-week for a twelve week semester, but it's
> fairly bare-bones, and I constantly tweak stuff based on whether the
> students are "getting it" or not, so it's really more of a road map than a
> detailed travelogue.
> If there's interest, should I just send it out as plaintext or post it as a
> PDF?
> Best,
> Nick J.

I'm working at basic school in Moscow, Russia. I used to teach 3D
Studio Max, but recently I managed to persuade the school director to
switch to use Blender. My mine educational program for beginners
composed of materials from 'The essential Blender' book. Then I have
some tutorials from the WEB and by my own for more advanced
blender-heads. And the second part of the course is designed for
programming-oriented peoples, who would like to know how to make games
with Blender. For that part I'm using mainly 'The Blender gamekit'
book.
Dear Nick, I also would like to see your course description!
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.
SIP: hiisi at ekiga.net