[Bf-education] About certification...

ranma saotome ranma.gigamail at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 11:56:21 CET 2007

Hello!
I'm newbie to Blender, just 4 or 5 months, and for a long time I'm
using 3d studio max (about 6 years). Also I'm teaching CG in Moscow
state mining univercity. My bosses wants me to have an Autodesk
certificate to start public cources and I'm agree with them. But now
as far as understand Blender is more powerful than 3d studio max
without 3rd-party plugins. Liquid simulation finally bought me :)
Of course, 3d studio max with a lot of plugins costs like a good car
and I can't honestly recommend my students to use 3d studio max.
Russia isn't country where anybody can buy anything he needs, it's a
reason for high piracy, when poor student wish to learn high
technologies but have money only for one computer or laptop but not
for a mountain of proprietary software (I saw a lot of computers where
total cost of software was more than $100000).
Now I wish to have a Blender Traner Certificate more than anything
from Autodesk. I saw
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Bf-education/certification, and I'm
very interest to become BFCT. Now I have one important question: is
there a hardcopy of certificate? Russians trust to paper more than to
web-page and I need a hardcopy if it possible.
Thank you.
Sorry for my bad English.

Daniil Romanov.