[Bf-education] Certified Trainer Program

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Sep 22 16:06:37 CEST 2006

Hi David,

In general, I like it a lot! :)

I've been talking on IRC with David about this, and we could treat this
proposal as a start to get a first certification program running.
Certifications can require to be renewed each year, so in the course of
the project new or better certification methods can be implemented
(like with exams).

The idea to certify a trainer by asking him/her to write at least one
good and extensive tuturial contribution to wiki, and to create a video
tutorial, are mostly meant to replace a personal exam. It will be a
good way to see if someone is a real motivated trainer, and not a
wannebe who likes to get into easy business.

To Rui: the issue is that we cannot afford to organize real exams now,
a chicken-egg dilemma because there's nobody really who can validate
teachers. We can't keep waiting for that forever... also because
everyone's spread over the globe.

To David: I would structure this wiki doc a bit differently though...
mind if I do some extensive editing there? My attention points would
be:
- not mentioning training centers (it's an individual certification)
- important first step: establish a board of people who can help with
approving certifications
- no focus on revenue stream for Blender Foundation (is really
secondary)
- the introduction text is a bit weird... :)

-Ton-