[Bf-education] Re: Bf-education Digest, Vol 18, Issue 5

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 21:16:25 CEST 2006

Bob Holcomb and Matt Ebb would be good people to contact regarding the
compositing, depends on what you need to do (Bobs work is more related
to green screening though so may not have much bearing on your current
work).  There are some node patches that are not yet present in the
main tree that can be of use to them.  If any of them have C coding
skills I've heard that adding new nodes is quite easy.

Something they are likely going to miss is that currently there is no
scripting access to the nodes and compositing.  I've contacted a
developer who said he would be willing to try and get it done for the
next release, but not sure what his planned schedule is for the work.

It might be worthwhile to have them draft up a list of their needs,
frequently used nodes etc. like plumiferos has done.

Also while less stable they might want to try Jahshakas nodes since I
believe it has more nodes available and is GPU accellerated.

LetterRip