[Bf-education] Re: Bf-education Digest, Vol 18, Issue 4

V Yap renderfun at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 19:15:26 CEST 2006

Hi LetterRip:

I have pretty much pulled everything from the Wiki and the blender
docs prior to my "request for help" (^_^).  I am assisting the VFX
team to learn the interface and compositing ( another topic I have
limited experience) currently.  The interface is their biggest hurdle
right now.  We are looking at one week to get used to the Blender
Interface.  Besides Blender, I am also training the texture team in
GIMP and Inkscape.  All these FLOSS program are totally foreign to the
entire team who are used to using commercial software.  So far, I am
the only one that knows and have used all these program.  Thanks to
the BSA and the Malaysia government for finally nailing down piracy in
corporate environments, FLOSS is making in-roads.  Oh and on top of
that, we are shifting to OpenOffice as well and all these needs
training materials which is landing on my shoulder right now.

Sorry for rumbling endlessly.  It is an exciting time for me and the
people around me.  People are skeptic and impress at the same time of
what FLOSS software can do and how Hollywood has been somewhat
involved in it.  They have seen Elephant Dream but didn't know it was
done in Blender until I informed them about it and point it out in the
credits.  Many assumed it was done in Maya or some other commercial
software.

Okay, I better stop right here.

Many Thanks,
Victor Yap.