rcampos at fusemail.com
Wed Nov 3 02:06:44 CET 2004
Hello to all, hope all are well.
I have previously stated what I thought would be a good way to start,
but I think it should also be here (at the mailing list).
I think we should make a test Course and Certification with small
content, but one that can be reused later on.
So I thought of making a small course with its corresponding
certification for the Blender User Interface, with translation for
English, Portuguese, German, Dutch and French.
This way we could test the environment and get some knowledge if this is
a good way of doing things or not.
I talked at the Conference with lots of people and they provided me with
some tools and other that together can make a good partnership.
A little overview of what I got:
- Phillip Richdale shown me Xical, a great platform with the benefit of
being already designed to Courses and Certifications. Phillip Richdale
is the maker and he is willing to support us on our development.
- Alexandre Rangel as already done Blenderzine 1 - Introduction to
Blender, a complete CD set of training and education for Blender in
- Jono Bacon is willing to help build the infrastructure and facilities
that can be used to support trainers.
- Joshua Seaver teaches teens up to 16 years old in Minnesota, he could
help us test the Courses and Certification in a live controlled
environment. And who better than teenagers that are new to 3D to test
Stating my proposal:
1. Define the content present on the first course (User Interface
2. Make the Movie for Xical platform and the full content in English.
3. Make the translations for Portuguese, Dutch, French and German.
4. Implement it in the Xical platform.
5. Make a in depth review of the content and the define the goals for
6. Make the Certification content (exams, animations, whatever) and
7. Prepare the deploy and test phase (Joshua would be the best person to
provide a testing environment).
8. Review the test results and define future goals.
Meanwihle we could also define other future goals.
Yet I believe that the platform is good and that a first test course
should be made to get some feedback from the real world.
The User Interface is something that we can reuse later so I chosen it
as a good first Course / test Course.
Some comments on this would be great.
Best Regards to all.
Rui Campos (RCAS)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bf-education