[Bf-docboard] Other projects wiki/sphinx migration

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Feb 27 13:10:02 CET 2016

Hi,

It would be a disaster giving up on a system that has the freedom and accessibility wiki has. And even stranger - people who complain about it are not the people who provide tech docs?

The user manual project is worrying me a lot, the sphinx system is so unfriendly that hardly no people will contribute to it. It's really awesome to see that Aaron and Campbell work hard on it, but it's barely a community project.

I rather discuss the future of the manual, and move it back to wiki, than giving up on wiki.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute