[Bf-docboard] I would like to edit only one portion of the Manual

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 19:41:03 CEST 2015

Firstly, if a minor change is causing an entire rebuild, something is wrong.
It should only be rebuilding the file you've changed.

It is possible to build a single chapter.

Using the Makefile you can run:
  make render

On Windows, we don't have a convenient way to do this yet, but the env
var can be set manually before calling sphinx-build:
   QUICKY_CHAPTERS=render sphinx-build .....

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 3:02 AM, Ethos Erlanger
<ethos.erlanger at comcast.net> wrote:
> As I read the instructions about setting up the environment and building the
> complete HTML Blender Reference Manual, I had no difficulty using the
> command prompt in Windows with the supplied instructions. I used all of the
> standard locations for my files.
>

> I read in the manual that I may edit only one chapter (folder) and then
> build that portion that I just edited so that I may see it in HTML. Building
> the entire manual just to see a small change is indeed time consuming even
> when it is a second pass as this one is.
>

> I would like to do these one-folder edits and build the HTML either at the
> command prompt, or in the IDLE Python shell. I cannot find the proper
> instructions for doing a partial build, or using the IDLE shell.
>

> Any help is appreciated.

- Campbell