[Bf-docboard] Visual Improvements to the Manual

S J Bennett quollism at ii.net
Wed Mar 4 16:11:53 CET 2015

Allo,

Thanks for putting together these proposed changes Greg. :)

  * Nav bar giving loadless access to the whole document tree is a good
    idea as long as the document currently being viewed is given visual
    priority of some sort, tree can be expanded/collapsed, etc. It's
    been mentioned previously.
  * New reference box style is much more readable. :)
  * I wouldn't hate it if the page width was a bit broader - if people
    want a narrower reading area they can resize their browsers or zoom
    in/out on their mobile devices. It's personal taste.

Re image captions, I guess go with figure and figcaption + CSS styling
if that's not what we're already doing?
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_figcaption.asp - pretty sure you can
just set CSS like

figure { width: auto; }
figcaption { width: 100%; }

to take care of your caption issues as opposed to hard-setting a width
somewhere. Less programmatic maintenance required. I can ask one of the
tame web designers at my day job how to make it work if I'm wrong.

cheers,
S J