[Bf-docboard] Including Introductory Text in index.rst

Francesco Siddi francesco.siddi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:14:52 CET 2015

Hi Greg,
the idea of keeping index and introduction separate exists because I though having functional separation would be good (index exists only to link in sibling documents, introduction is actual content). For example, when we get a proper navtree (like the one here http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/) then we might want to keep any content outside of index.rst because it will be hard to access.

In the past I tried what you are suggesting, and did not go for it simply because I was a afraid of making pages that were too long.

So, I think going with your second proposal (including introduction in index, but not removing it) is a good idea.

Cheers,
Francesco