[Bf-docboard] vim + instantRst = real-time preview of new blender-manual docs

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 03:30:34 CEST 2014

Hi there,

I recently got started in the new manual system and I would like to
share my current workflow, which for me is quite smooth.

I'm currently using vim + instantRst to have a live preview of
documents while I edit it.

Sample documentation:
http://dalaifelinto.com/blender-manual/render/workflows/multiview.html

Showcase video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IpUTuZMcdo

Instructions:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Dfelinto/Blender-Manual

I was planning to re-record the video for a better audio and a shorter
length, but honestly I will be away for most of next week and I didn't
want to leave this dragging for that long.

I hope this can be useful for someone. There is still improvements to
be made in this pipeline, but in my opinion this is already far
superior than my previous experience with wiki.

And I hope Francesco Siddi can push this even further :) He is the one
who patched instantRst to make it look closer to the official blender
manual. Kudos

Best regards,
Dalai
--