[Bf-docboard] security considerations about building the new blender manual ...

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:08:50 CEST 2014

eek! Ya I didn't consider this, which is partially why I wanted your
feedback on a design that is as secure as possible while not making it a
nightmare for documenters to contribute.

Personally I think it would be difficult (if not impossible) to do anything
securely in automation so long as we have an open repository for the
manual, which is why I still tend to lean towards manual updates to the
live manual by "trusted" humans on occassion. At least I (or others) can
vet changes by hand (I already do this) and notice anything fishy.