[Bf-docboard] security considerations about building the new blender manual ...

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 12:48:44 CEST 2014

The context of the conversation is lost a bit (it happened on irc).

The concern was that since anyone could join the project via phab and get
commit access, an automated system would require some defensive design and
avoid blindly calling "make" as it could be rewritten by a drive-by evil
committer and cause the automated system to possibly execute commands.

Instead of calling "make" directly I proposed that we could avoid this
particular problem by simply invoking sphinx manually. Hopefully sphinx
would not have similar issues when done this way?