[Bf-docboard] Update on Wiki to RestructuredText conversion

Francesco Siddi francesco.siddi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 01:15:07 CEST 2014

Hello eveybody!
In the past days we have spent some time looking at the Sphinx docs, and slowly started tweaking the existing content. It’s a long way to go still!

During the upcoming Blender Conference, Campbell and myself will present the past, present and upcoming efforts on this project in a talk. We will try to gather feedback on the current system and discuss ways to get more people on board to help.

One of the steps we would like to announce is the lock down of the Doc:2.6 namespace on wiki.blender.org. This means that it will not be possible to edit the Blender 2.6 English user manual on the wiki anymore, and the the documentation hosted on https://developer.blender.org/project/view/53/ should used instead.

I would like to know if this would be accepted by the current wiki writers (I’ve checked for documentation updates in the last few months and there seems to be very little traffic) and if they can confirm their support to the move on the new platform.

During the talk (and in upcoming messages on this list) we are also going to discuss doc translations as well, but at the moment our focus is on the English “official” manual.

Best regards,
Francesco