[Bf-docboard] [Re] Blender Wiki Maintenance

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Tue May 20 12:52:49 CEST 2014

Hi,

Wasn't in the list when original mail was sent, so starting new thread.

We were moving Wiki from Scales to Koro. Scales is running really old
FreeBSD system which is real tricky to upgrade, and as additionally it has
real small HDD. With Wiki moved out from Scales we can now put new HDD and
install brand-new system.

The Wiki would be in the read-only mode for a bit more, so we (and i mean
both we and the community ;) can check if it works in general.

There's one known regression: tree navigation has been disabled in the
manuals section. This is because previously manuals section used rather
hackish <condcache> tag used for manuals. It didn't work in new environment
(maybe it was relaying on some old PHP behavior or so..). We've changed
templates used in the manuals section in order to get rid of condcache, but
it broke tree navigation. Fortunately, Francesco Siddi and others are
working on a complete new system for the user manual, so let's consider
it's acceptable regression for now.

Please let us know if you encounter issues with new setup.

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin