[Bf-docboard] Documentation status and upgrade proposal

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 23:29:20 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 6:37 AM, Howard Trickey <howard.trickey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would prefer a system where images are in git too.
> A mixed workflow where images go in svn and everything else goes in
> git would put a barrier to adding images that would, I think, tend
> to have writers not bother sometimes putting helpful images in.

Agree, I really like to avoid over-complicating the process.
just to note we can manage a few ways.

We could just migrate to git, and have a working repository where
history of unused images is flushed periodically (each release for
eg).
But keep a lager repo with full history.
... Or something similar where old images are archived.

This way the repo is kept small and authors are not bothered by details.

- Campbell