[Bf-docboard] Bf-docboard Digest, Vol 107, Issue 2

OroborosNZ oroborosnz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 21:47:36 CET 2014

Welcome, Simon :)

I'm interested in fleshing out the explanation of Physics section to begin with. There isn't much physics involved in the explanation: the physics has been done (for better or worse) and now I'd like to explain it better.

It appears there are three avenues of finding out what any parameter in Blender actually does:

1) quizzing the module owners: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Process/Module_Owners/List
2) quizzing users at blenderartists.org
3) quizzing the developers on the #blendercoders channel on the freenode.net IRC network
4) Trial and experimentation

By no means should anyone assume that any ONE of these areas will give you the complete, unambiguous answer. Even the module owners might have vague understandings of their own work. In a way, I intend to take on a more 'quality assurance' role in finding answers.

I suggest getting hooked up with blenderartists.org and posting at least 10 replies to some images, just to allow you to post new threads. Also, grab yourself an IRC client for freenode.net, and get this party started.

-Oro

--
OroborosNZ
http://behance.net/oroboros/