[Bf-docboard] localized wiki manual: status report / ideas

marco ardito ardito at apiform.to.it
Fri Apr 18 09:36:08 CEST 2014

>     I really like the "wiki way" for documentation but for such a huge
>     project, and for all those languages... some tool is needed, or at
>     least more info, imho.
>     Ideas? Suggestions? Alternatives?
>
> What about Translate extension provided by Translatewiki.net community?
> Links:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Translate
> http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Special:MainPage
> --
> Cheers,
> by Cheng-Chia Tseng

Intresting! I didn't know of this. I tried on this page
http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ATranslate&taction=translate&group=page-Terms+of+use&task=view

and there it seems quite practical to use. It seems to compare each
paragraph, one at a time, this make it easy, but perhaps pulls you away
a bit from the overall context. Anyway... interesting. Thanks.

But I don't know if and how it could be integrated on (at least) a
sample page on the blender wiki... to test.

I could test on a test mediawiki install on my local server, just to
learn more: does anyone know if database dumps are available for the
blender wiki,and/or how I could replicate the same setup and content (at
least some manual content) on my test mediawiki server? (no web
mirroring, of course, I know how to do that, but I need a local
mediawiki to work as it is on the official wiki)?

Or, it could also be tried on a wiki test copy elsewhere, if anyone has
one available (better if easily destroyable/restorable, a vm perhaps).

--
*Marco*

[Ai sensi e per  gli  effetti della Legge sulla tutela della privacy
(L. 196/2003), questa  mail  è destinata unicamente alle persone sopra
indicate e le informazioni in essa contenute sono da considerarsi
strettamente riservate. E' proibito leggere, copiare, usare o
diffondere il contenuto della presente mail senza autorizzazione.
Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, siete pregati di
rispedire la stessa al mittente. Grazie]