[Bf-docboard] About a new PDF version of the wiki

Mirek Kučera Quark66 mkucera66 at seznam.cz
Thu Sep 12 08:41:39 CEST 2013

Hello Marco,
thank you so much for your job. You saved me many hours of work, cause I am
just doing it now. E.g. one file for my travelling tablet.

I am envolved in translation to the Czech language and I am sure to use the
same principles for collectin one movable manual (unfortunately I am on 10%
lenght of translation way.. cause time time time).

My first idea was to build local wiki in my notebook. It is technically
possible. It is possible to get wikimedia server, apache, mysql, Naiad
Scheme, some scripts.. but it is a little bit complicated way and as
somebody say below "mirrorring of wikiserver is not answer".

I asked for the possibility to implement some PDF generator scripts on
wikimedia server without answer. Than I tried to learn it locally and I have
so say it is not simple method. It is very user friendly (you can click on
pages needed to the PDF, sort them, and so on). But the engine (wikimedia
module based on additional server side scripts) take an wiki server
energy... Than I decided to go through method of simple file and conversion.

So please could you explain how did you get clear pages from wikli maual?
Did you process with some wget, or html-to-pdf commands on your local
machine? I think that best way is use very simple method to get texts,
pictures, links into one local directory. No menu, no special effects,
dynamic content and so on.

nice
--
Mirek Kučera