[Bf-docboard] Blender still a Project?

Nkansah Rexford nkansahrexford at gmail.com
Tue May 7 22:40:58 CEST 2013

But what software is finished until it is painted with the EOL banner?

Even Microsoft windows even isn't finished as more and more new features
are released year after year. But they don't call it a project.

Linux is open source and worked on by a strong community similar to blender
but they don't call it project. It might have been a project in the first 2
or 3 years but after ten years if one still calls it a project then it
appears it isnt functioning as stable enough and cant be counted on for
very professional work, so to speak.

Who will wanna use a software widely known still as a project? The
expression project carries with it a kind of mentality of instability, non
reliable piece of software that the developers are working on to make it
useful. Meanwhile blender is already useful and used to create at least 3
international standard short animation movies. So what's left?

So why a project still for blender? Blender is passed 10 years of
development and its still a project?

If sintel and tears of steel were projects and they were created by a
project software, how ridiculous that might sound.

I'm glad Ton is around to help explain

Thanks