[Bf-docboard] Survey Results

Jim Tucker jim.tucker at live.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 16:28:54 CET 2013

Hi All,
Thanks, Cal, for starting and carrying through this very useful survey.

 Two comments on your summary of replies:

1)  Google and video tutorials are very useful, but it looks as though Blender-wiki is frequently used, even by this (I guess) relatively experienced cohort of users. I would expect it is even more widely accessed by beginners.

2) The biggest adverse criticsm of the wiki is that is often OUT OF DATE (I did a rough count today (29/01/2013)  - out of 71 replies,  this was mentioned in 22 (67%) of the 33  replies that answered your original four questions).

So my conclusion is that our major priority is to  update all pages in the wiki to document Blender as it is now.

Not rocket science, and it agrees with what I thought before.  But it's great, for once, to have some data to back up my preconceptions!!

Thanks again, Cal.

Regards,
Jim Tucker (sculptorjim).