[Bf-docboard] Naiad theme tree

Paulo Santos psantos.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 23:07:05 CET 2013

Hello,

Francesco Siddi wrote:
>> I'm trying to make it more agnostic and then put it on github or
>> something similar if you'd like.
>
> Just make sure the license is there:)

It will. :-)

>> I followed the instructions on how to include the tree in a page from
>> the TreeAndMenu extension page. Apparently it's looking for an element
>> with the id "dTree", but it doesn't exist. I'm thinking that's not the
>> way to create the tree for this theme.
>
> There is some serious caching going on in order to have the navtree
> working. Unfortunately I'm no expert on this, so I hope someone else can
> enlighten you.

After looking more carefully at the code and with help in the IRC
channel I managed to trace the navigation bar to MediaWiki:NavTree which
is generated using the DynamicPageList extension. I just need to learn
how to work with DPL now.

Apart from that I noticed that there are some things that don't work
well with MediaWiki 1.20, which is where I'm implementing it. I'll keep
on trying to hack the theme to make it work on 1.20. From the IRC
channel, I understand there is some interest in doing that for the
Blender wiki itself as well.

Best regards,
Paulo Santos