[Bf-docboard] Hired documentation authors

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Dec 26 12:13:34 CET 2013

Hi all,

I have to admit I'm not very active with monitoring all the activity on our wiki.
It would be a good step to verify here who's active here now, and/or is planning to be active next year as well.

Blender should remain in its core a community project, that's our real strength. Having a good and welcoming system for many people to contribute is always my preference. However, there's also a number of tasks here that might better be organized via freelancers who get paid for work. In the past I've done that for Luka and Francesco, for example.

In September 2012, we had a similar discussion here, to appoint and empower a small admin board of 3 to 5 people. This team could be re-confirmed, and it's with them I can then discuss further matters for work on documentation as well.

Back then in 2012, these were names listed:

Admins:
Kesten Broughton
Brendon 'meta-androcto' Murphy
Ivan 'greylica' Paulos Tomé

I would like to propose to re-establish this team, based on activity on this list and in our wiki last year mostly. The 'admin' role is mostly to help coordinating and to decide on matters that help move things forwards :)

Volunteers for the admin role can let me know here or in a private mail :)

Feedback on this mail and proposal is welcome too!

Regards,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute