[Bf-docboard] Going the Launchpad way, again

Eduard Gotwig gotwig at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 25 19:47:16 CEST 2012

Hey,

I want to ask, if you are interessted, in going the launchpad way, again.

At least for translations, I would find it quite nice.

As I am in the bf-commiters lp group, I already changed some info, that is
important for the current version of Blender.

For the translations, we would have to register a special translator
account for the SVN translation branches, I suggest to use directly trunk,
becouse the special reviewer, translator rights can be set than, directly
trough launchpad itself. People would not have to review stuff from the
branches branch first, but could use launchpad for that, instead.

The problem is, that the trunk branch is not always the newest one, but the
branches branch is. But than reviewers would have to check always all these
commits for branches, again. Double effort, IMHO.

I also created a request for the Launchpad team, to help us (also becouse
we can't setup the vcs import without them):

https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/212315

I also have problems in setting up the bug tracker correctly.

I DON'T want that we use any launchpad internal stuff, like for bug
reporting, etc., becouse than we would have to merge this stuff upstream.

If we can use as much import processes as possible, it could help us to
speed up the Blender developement process

I dropped, the outdated bug tracker and translation imports.

Any thoughts?

Greetings, Eduard Gotwig