[Bf-docboard] Bf-docboard Digest, Vol 92, Issue 7

Boris Le Ninivin boris.leninivin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:10:57 CEST 2012

On 10/24/2012 12:00 PM, bf-docboard-request at blender.org wrote:
> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 17:43:00 -0400
> From: Dan McGrath <danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Bf-docboard] blender wiki at Amsterdam Conference
> To: Blender Documentation Project <bf-docboard at blender.org>
> Cc: Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org>
>
> Hey,
>
> Just a quick little status report that seemed like a better fit as an
> inline reply to this email instead of standalone. Enjoy!
>
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Jim Tucker <jim.tucker at live.co.uk> wrote:
>> Some discussion is going on in the wiki admin team, as important technical
>> decisions
>> have to be taken in order to keep the wiki up to date with less effort that
>> it?s needed now. Hopefully within a
>>   couple of weeks the situation will be clearer. The changes that need to be
>> operated in the backend will most
>> probably have no direct impact on current frontend/content wiki work of
>> course.

I don't want to sound pedantic but the technical possibilities/limitations WILL have an effect on how your wiki will evolve, even if not directly affecting what's ALREADY there.

You mean, re-inventing the wheel <http://ikiwiki.info/> ?
> Things like file system
> locations, permissions, naming conventions and hook code, for example,
> need to have the details hammered out and finalized (Marco, got any
> time this week?), which I think should be coordinated with the server
> admin(s). At this point, even I am not exactly sure what the scope of
> the changes I should be aiming for are (clarification here Ton?), I
> was just handed the keys :D
I don't yet know how much fine-grained you need the rights to be for the
wiki, but assuming that every maintainer has the same rights, and every
public client would have the same (but different?) rights too; it's
really easy to set this up with gitolite.
> [...]
>
> Dan
Boris.