[Bf-docboard] Page Update (Doc:2.6/Manual/Introduction/Installing Blender/Linux)

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 20:47:51 CET 2012

"
>Discussions of design philosophy aside, I don't think that the mechanism you describe in Windows exists in other systems. And if it did, I personally would not be in favor of Blender superseding my window manager's behavior.

Well, I would rather have Blender take control of Alt-Click than
require a system-wide change so that the Linux WM respects Alt-Click
passing to Blender... The best would be to have an internal message
processing and passing queue that handles all the raw mouse and key
events...

T.
"

I have to agree, if it is possible do it! We can always set an option
about having it on or off in the settings.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: