[Bf-docboard] Modelling chapter refactoring

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 25 11:34:05 CET 2009

Hi every body,

As Luca proposed me last week, I started to work (prepare) a
reoganization of the modelling chapter. And as usual, it turned out to
be quite a work...

The main problem is that there are some bits of info on a given topic
spread on several pages, sometimes that has nothing to see with this
subject!

So I'll propose something next week or so (in the sandbox), but here are
the general modifs I plan:

*First, many very "basic" operations (like moving, axis locking, ...)
are already quite well described in the "3D Interaction/manipulation"
part. So remove these from the modelling chapter (mainly objects and
meshes part), just letting crosslinks.

*Update this 3D Interaction/manipulation part.

*And in modelling:
**clearly regroup selection bits and editing things in sub-parts (but of
course keeping the main objects/meshes/... parts!) (following  mindrones
suggestions);
**Remove things about meshes/edit mode from object part;
**etc.

Let me know what you think of all that - and please avoid modifying
these chapters for a few weeks, or let me know what you are doing (for I
can incorporate it in my work)

Regards,
Bastien

PS: I resent this message, as it do not seems to be arrived - sorry if
this is a double...