[Bf-docboard] Wiki reorganization proposal

mindrones mindrones at yahoo.it
Mon Jan 5 02:06:15 CET 2009

Hi,

during Xmas holidays I've prepared a proposal for restructuring the wiki:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Mindrones/blender-wiki/proposal

Since moving and reorganizing 4400 pages is a lot of work, and can easily bring chaos, basically I think it would beneficial to create specific (custom) namespaces for different sections of the wiki, and my proposal relies on them. Having such namespaces would help searching things and it is a good stategy to avoid mistakes: contents in (Main) namespace are "old" (easy :) and after the cleaning if we find new content in (Main) namespace we can easily redirect it in the right place.

I didn't have much time for it so I consider it a first draft, but I hope this can bring to some useful discussion, after which we can go for a list of priorities and then a todo-list for wiki admin (if we need custom namespaces and/or new mediawiki extensions) and ourselves :)

Thanks to bebraw for the extensive discussion before xmas, it helped to clear out the ideas :)

Best regards,
Luca

http://www.mindrones.com