[Bf-docboard] Translation flags row

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sat Aug 29 14:51:15 CEST 2009

> Hello,
>
> I have created 2 new templates called "Page/Header" and "Page/Footer".
> I've put them inside of the old UM/navigator and UM/foot (and all of their
> translations, like for example UM/navigator.fr and UM/foot.fr), so that
> updating "Page/Navigator" updates the appearence of the navigators everywhere.
>
> Both Page/Header and Page/Footer use the new "Page/Navigator", which is
> conditional now so that it adapt itself to the language and the Section of
> the wiki, making use of the first part of the pagename.
>
> For example, the footer in
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Vitals/Screenshots
> has a link to the index of the Manual called "Manual", while the footer in
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:FR/Manual/Vitals/Screenshots
> has a link to the index of the Manual called "French Manual".
>
> As you can see in
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Tutorials/Lighting/Radiosity
> if Page/Header or Page/footer are used under Doc:Tutorials, the navigator points to the Tutorial index instead.
>
> Another conditional thing is the progressbar, which is shown only in Translated pages (I'm assuming people use the Sandbox for Manual pages).
>
> I had to put Page/Header and Page/Footer in UM/navigator and UM/foot because the last two are already in 2.4x pages, but I'd like we start to use P/H and P/F directly in new pages, especially in 2.5 Manual pages.
>
> If you have some time it'd be good to hear opinions so we can make them better :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Luca

Great, Luca, I’m going to use these new templates right now.

However, if you could add another param in the header one, to put an
"history link" on the english version against which the translation was
done (for all language others than EN, of course…), it would be great.
The best would be to add this link automatically on the current english
version of the page, but I’m not sure this is possible…

Thanks!

Bastien "mont29"