[Bf-docboard] dynamic hotkey template

a hettinger oninoshiko at gmail.com
Thu May 4 17:15:13 CEST 2006

On 5/4/06, Ewout Fernhout <chocolade at extrapuur.nl> wrote:
> Agreed. I think I was more or less thinking about making it a bit more
> esthetically pleasing, the example you linked to looked a bit
> technical still (to me anyway). But it's a template, so we can
> experiment with different representational styles - the underlying
> code will be the same.
>
> Speaking of which... Stefano had this idea of having different styles
> of formatting hotkeys, but apparently the users mostly do it with the
> K template, even for key combinations (there are several, for shift,
> ctrl etc). I think the hotkey template parser should be forgiving
> enough for this kind of user behaviour! (see
> http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Meta/Templates for more info)

So is this just a matter of making the hotkey template parser more
forgiving, or are we doing the "key image" thing. If we use the image
thing we HAVE to use alt-text for the images for accessablitiy. As far
as printed versions go, we could use a seperate set of images for the
"printer friendly" versions of the pages (the same images would
probibly go to downloadable versions in other formats (pdf
most-likely, as EVERYONE seems to be able to read them (thankyou
adobe))