[Bf-docboard] Copyright issues on new pages

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 05:14:31 CEST 2006

Joe Eagar wrote:

<snip of thread>

Ok we discussed this on the wiki and put the Open Content license in the
copyright page.  Hopefully no one will object.

I'm pasting the news item in here for convenience.

---- Posted at
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/News/11-7-2006/Wiki_License ----
Recently, it was discovered that BlenderWiki:Copyrights
<http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderWiki:Copyrights>, the
page used to specify the overall license of wiki content (and linked to
in the edit page), was blank. Because of this, the only possible
"licensing" requirements on the wiki would be the edit page disclaimer.
As we all know, that disclaimer says that you agree to let your work be
edited mercilessly. It does not allow, say, printing of the content, or
cross-posting to another wiki. And it's questionable if that could even
said to be binding
----

Joe