[Bf-docboard] documentation tasks

Purple purple_at_best at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 14:20:48 CET 2006

Hi guys,

Firstly let me say I am not having a go - loving all the
work that gets put in to the wiki - but I want to know how
to maximize my effort and I am still a little lost.

I have reviewed the wiki site and joined this mailing list
but I am still confused about organization of the
documentation tasks. By this I mean the larger
documentation effort (not type-os, minor changes, etc) and
overall structure. I get the procedure laid out in the
writers guide but it just seems a little aimless - and I
kinda know it's not.

I don't, unfortunately, get a lot of access to irc but if
all the organization is done in there it's abit, well,
covert!

* Is there a list documentation tasks that need to done? I
have seen the Wanted Pages but there is no priorities and I
assume no ownership etc. and very little of it makes sense.
* I remember seeing something about the minutes of a
monthly irc meeting but I can't find them.

As an example,
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/PartII/Selection
describes select modes etc and says it's complete for 2.4.
BUT has anyone used the undocumented [ctrl]+lmb lasso type
select? I didn't know it was there until yesterday but it
is massively useful to me - (since noodles I get a lot more
investigative with the interface) - Is this something that
needs documenting? (it's not in gestures either) Do people
actually know it's there? Who gets to say a section is
complete?

Am I missing visibility of project management or is there
none? Is this something that people aren't volunteering for
or people don't think is needed?

Thanks,