[Bf-docboard] Blender 2.40 QuickStart Guide (FINAL)

Ewout Fernhout chocolade at extrapuur.nl
Mon Jan 9 11:42:14 CET 2006

Pierre-Luc,
Could you send me the original AI file? I opened up the PDF in
Illustrator, and I noticed something weird with the blurred shadows:
they appear to be regular rectangles with 1 fill color and an opacity
map applied (which is a bitmap). Now comes the strange thing: all in
the PDF is grouped twice, when I ungroup it, I see the same thing
others noticed on different PDF readers: black squares! Illustrator
reports that this is due to a shading error (whatever that may be).

Also, I don't think the foundation has the rights to publish Bitstream
Vera (unless Ton is willing to pay huge amounts of money, which I
doubt), so that font should be replaced by a freeware one IMO.

My proposal for the new "drop shadows" is this (the bottom one):
http://www.extrapuur.nl/blender/quickstart-borders.jpg
much clearer, much smaller size and much more compatible. I'm still
not sure about the brownish colours too (for being a
"Blender-colour").

Ewout