[Bf-docboard] Re: Bf-docboard Digest, Vol 13, Issue 11

Stefano Selleri stefano.selleri at unifi.it
Thu Sep 1 08:49:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

>1) Is their a reason it's called 30 + 30 mins or is the second 30
>rendering time on a really slow system?

I called it that way because it took me 60 minutes to test it after writing
it,
and since 'Your first animation in 1 hour' is a scary title I divided it
into two part,
building the model and giving it materials, up to the first still rendering
(30 mins) and rigging and animating it (other 30 mins)

>2) gray scaling of images
>It tells the user to mimic the settings, with out warning them that
>its been gray scaled - personaly i was getting a bit woried at this
>point, as mine were now bright reds and blues not greys. I dought I'm
>the first person who aproaches this literally. I am willing to
>rerender the taskbars especialy if no one else has already looked at
>this.
Well, those are buttons window, rather than taskbars, yep, you can
recapture them if you so wish! It is not high priority because there are
numerical values in those screenshots :)

>3) under lighting in chapter 12, Figure 12.3. Sun Light, specificly,
>it shows rays eminating for the circle (bulb).
>     More of a personal question i have yet to figare out
>i'm using windows XP and 98 separat systems and tried diffrent gaphic
>cards. but do not get rays eminating from the source. The
>documentation seems to assume these. Am i just over looking some thing
>really ovious or is their documentation related to this? and could we
>place a link to it if I am not just a special case or prehaps
>something in the referance guide.

THe figure shows exactly what blender shows, and they are not rays, the
vertical is a line going from horizontal plane to the point, to show height
over orizont, the slanted is the direction of the rays.

Anyway the true problem there is that *ALL* lights now cast shadows... yep,
we're lagging behind!

If you want to contribute to doc then updating text is more important than
reverting images to color

Thanx for comments

Stefano