[Bf-docboard] I can help with translation errors, typos etc.

Eric Oberlander eric at oberlander.co.uk
Sun Oct 23 19:07:49 CEST 2005

on 21/10/05 6:29 am, Stephen at madcitybrit at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the Blender scene, and now that I have my new machine
> configured for Blender development I'm ready to help out. I'm a
> software developer so I plan on helping out with code, but I also have
> very good spoken and written English (I should do, I'm English!). I
> purchased The Official Blender 2.3 Guide a few months back and have
> since noticed some translation errors here and there, typos etc. I
> have the BlenderManual2.32 and BlenderManual2.4 source from CVS, and
> have started modifying section_blender_architecture.xml (in
> BlenderManual2.4).

Hopefully, all the typos and grammer mistakes you found in the paperback
Official Blender 2.3 Guide have been fixed in the online version which you
can browse at: http://download.blender.org/documentation/htmlI/ and
http://download.blender.org/documentation/htmlII/

You can inspect the source (which you have obviously found) in CVS at
http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/BlenderManual2.32/?cvsroot=d
ocboard in the BlenderManual2.32 branch.

The BlenderManual2.4 branch is probably redundant (I think, although Stefano
would be the person to confirm or deny this), as document development has
recently moved to a Mediawiki at http://mediawiki.blender.org/

> I've attached a patch file (a CVS diff generated via Eclipse's Create
> Patch function) with a few minor mods so far as an example. These
> changes are minor and just improve the flow of some sentences, fix a
> couple of spelling errors etc. Is what I'm doing of help? If so, I'm
> more than happy to continue. :)

I have assisted the project by fixing typos and translation errors in the
past, and you are more than welcome to help. You probably want to have a
look round the Mediawiki site and register to enable you to edit stuff. It
looks like the content is based on the BlenderManual2.32 text.

Cheers.

Eric