[Bf-docboard] Tutorial section in the wiki

Glen Moyes metsys at icubenetwork.com
Wed Oct 19 18:23:50 CEST 2005

Absolutely. And, as I've said numerous times before, we can also create
sections for all the learning resources for Blender, and not just
tutorials (like video tutorials for example). Not only would it slim
down the core doc, but it can also slim down blender.org as well.

On the note of adding a tutorial section, and a video tutorial section
to the wiki (see my previous message
http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/bf-docboard/2005-September/002362.html),
I wanted to have that information listed by category on each page of the
documentation as well. So, the chapter that talks about UV mapping will
have links to UV mapping tutorials and UV mapping videos. That would
help the users out a lot, and wouldn't be that hard to do.

Pedro mentioned that one solution was to have keywords for each of those
links and then somehow make the wiki dynamically create the appropriate
links for each page in the documentation. But here's another solution to
my idea. Have a tutorials and video tutorials page, but have them split
up into sections (you know, headings, subheadings, etc.) in the same way
as the documentation. So all you have to do is include a link at the
bottom of "The Vital Functions" page that goes to
"Video_Tutorials#The_Vital_Functions". It will take you directly to a
list of the video tutorials on that subject, but we can still only edit
one page to update the video tutorials.

The only problem with this is that the links to each tutorial on that
topic are not actually listed in the documentation, but at least the
user can immediately be brought to the list that is.

- Glen