[Bf-docboard] use.id.as.filename docbook parameter

Eric Oberlander eric at oberlander.co.uk
Tue May 31 22:50:40 CEST 2005

on 31/5/05 9:21 pm, Eric Oberlander at eric at oberlander.co.uk wrote:

> on 30/5/05 3:43 pm, Stefano Selleri at stefano.selleri at unifi.it wrote:
>
>>> Maybe there is a way that page names and references
>>> were not be recalculated on each compilation ?,
>>> publication issues should be ease if such a thing
>>> could be done.
>> Sadly it does not look like there is some 'makefile' thingie for docbook,
>> recompiling only differences...
>>
>> Anyhow... I'm just in need of feedback!
>>
>> Thanx again
>>
>> Stefano
>
> I think there's a way of doing what you want. According to Google, you can
> set a parameter to use the id of a file as it's chunk filename:
>
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/use.id.as.filena
> me.html
>
> Eric

I've just tested this on my own working copy, and confirm that it works.

I'm creating the chunk html with docbook2html, and I had to edit the
stylesheet it was using, which in my case was /docbook-utils.dsl (not XSL,
which the above link references.)

I changed the parameter:
(define %use-id-as-filename% #f)
(define %use-id-as-filename% "1")

and the chunk output is being named by section. Nice.

Eric