[Bf-docboard] Plans for the Future

Stefano Selleri stefano.selleri at unifi.it
Mon May 30 16:43:09 CEST 2005

Hi!

Glad to have feedback :)

> I haven't had any experience with Wikipedia style, so
> I don't know what are the drawbacks of it. Yes Docbook
> has some oddities, but can we get the same document
> quality with Wiki ? (I'm not saying that we can't, I
> just don't know).
Wiki looks actually *much* better online. I don't know about printable, this
is something to check. And also the possibility of a big archive to check
offline is vital. These are the points we must  evaluate :)

> About the weaknesses you comment, I think that even
> when you spent some non-neglictable time making things
> work, this is something you do ONCE. I've set up my
> Docbook "workstation" about 2 years ago and never has
> to worry about it again. (well, never wrote too much
> either ;-) )
I agree, but wiki is something like CVS, completely online, references etc.
are something we must investigate, but there are already books online using
wiki :)

> Maybe there is a way that page names and references
> were not be recalculated on each compilation ?,
> publication issues should be ease if such a thing
> could be done.
Sadly it does not look like there is some 'makefile' thingie for docbook,
recompiling only differences...

Anyhow... I'm just in need of feedback!

Thanx again

Stefano